Become a Member
Why Become a Member?
In addition to supporting the work of the organisation, members will receive:
- E-newsletter for news and event updates
- Eligibility to vote at the Women’s Health and Equality Queensland Ltd. Annual General Meeting (Individual members only)
- Eligibility to nominate to serve on the Women’s Health Queensland Inc Board (Individual members only)
Who Can Become a Member?
- Any individual/organisation who supports the aims and objectives of the association is eligible to become an ordinary/organisational member of Women’s Health and Equality Queensland Ltd.
The membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
The objectives of the organisation are:
- To actively promote and advance the health and wellbeing of women of diverse backgrounds and needs.
- To provide direct relief from the burden of ill health in women by supplying independent information on a range of health practices and care options.
- To facilitate women’s decision making in relation to the prevention of control of disease and support informed access to quality care services.
- To provide broad-based education to individuals, carers, service providers and the wider community to improve women’s health and increase the capacity of others to support women’s health needs.
- To source and disseminate information on current research and trends and participate in and support ongoing research into the prevention, causes, and treatment of disease.
- To promote women’s health through a holistic approach that emphasises the value of a woman’s own experience and issues affecting her health and wellbeing.
- To promote women’s health by engaging in activities that raise awareness of women’s health issues and that inform policy development processes within the wider community.
All membership applications must be approved by the Board.